The Music Teachers at Toowoomba Grammar School are highly trained, qualified and experienced professionals.
They educate the boys using a range of styles and techniques that meet their individual needs. All boys who learn an instrument are encouraged to participate in the diverse ensemble program available. Learning a musical instrument is important for each boy to develop a sense of self, social awareness, cultural understanding, intellectual breadth and highly skilled physical dexterity. It is fun too!
Students learning orchestral and band instruments have access to the following ensembles:
- Wind Ensemble (Intermediate Level Concert Band)
- Wind Orchestra (Premier Concert Band)
- Big Band (Advanced Jazz Ensemble)
- Junior R’n’B Band (Intermediate Level Rock Band)
- R ‘n’ B Band (Advanced Level Augmented Rock Band)
- String Orchestra (Advanced Level String Ensemble)
- Vivace Quartet (Premier String Quartet)
- Guitar Ensemble (Acoustic Guitar Large Ensemble)
- Clarinet Choir (Intermediate to Advanced Clarinet Ensemble)
- Saxophone Ensemble (Intermediate to Advanced Saxophone Ensemble)
- Saxophone Trio (Premier Wind Group)
- Brass Ensemble
And we have the following choirs:
- The Grammarphones (Premier auditioned choir)
- Senior Choir (Year 7 to 12 unauditioned choir)
- Year 7 to 9 Choir (Unauditioned choir)
- Xpression Choir (combined with The Glennie School)
Private tuition is available for many instruments including violin, viola, ‘cello, double bass, trumpet, trombone, euphonium, tuba, flute, clarinet, oboe, saxophone, drum kit, mallet percussion, timpani, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, piano, electric keyboard as well as for treble voice, changing voice, tenor voice, baritone voice and bass voice.