The Music Teachers at Toowoomba Grammar School are highly trained, qualified and experienced professionals.
They educate the boys using a range of styles and techniques that meet their individual needs. All boys who learn an instrument are encouraged to participate in the diverse ensemble program available. Learning a musical instrument is important for each boy to develop a sense of self, social awareness, cultural understanding, intellectual breadth and highly skilled physical dexterity. It is fun too!
Students learning orchestral and band instruments have access to the following ensembles:
- Wind Ensemble (Intermediate Concert Band)
- Wind Orchestra (Premier Concert Band)
- Little Big Band (Intermediate Jazz Ensemble)
- Big Band (Premier Jazz Ensemble)
- R’n’B Too Band (Intermediate Rock Band)
- R‘n’B Band (Premier Rock Band)
- Orchestra (Advanced Full Orchestra)
- String Orchestra (Advanced String Ensemble)
- Vivace Trio (Premier String Trio)
- Guitar Ensemble (Advanced Guitar Ensemble)
- Clarinet Ensemble (Advanced Clarinet Ensemble)
- Saxophone Ensemble (Advanced Saxophone Ensemble)
- Brass Ensemble (Advanced Brass Ensemble)
And we have the following choirs:
- The Grammarphones (Premier auditioned choir)
- Senior Voices (Unauditioned choir for boys with changed voices)
- Treble Voices (Unauditioned choir for boys with unchanged voices)
- Combined Voices (Unauditioned choir for boys with unchanged and changed voices)
Private tuition is available for many instruments including violin, viola, cello, double bass, trumpet, trombone, euphonium, french horn, tuba, flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, oboe, bassoon, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, drum kit, percussion, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar and piano, as well as for treble voice, changing voice, tenor voice, baritone voice and bass voice.