TGS Troup Competes at Nationals12th March 2020
Toowoomba Grammar School will have ten athletes competing in sixteen different events at the Australian Olympic/ World Junior Trials and Australian Championships in Sydney from 21-29 March.
The strong representation follows outstanding results at the Queensland Athletics Championships (March 5-9) where TGS won nine medals.
- Paul Draheim 1st 17 yr 400m hurdles (selected in Qld Team)
- Josh Roach 3rd 17 yr 400m hurdles (selected in Qld Team) also selected for 400m
- Angus Mohr 4th 17 yr 400m hurdles (selected in Qld Team)
- Matt Taylor 1st 15 year discus (selected in Qld Team)
- Ewald Kruger 2nd in 15 year hammer throw and shot put (selected in Qld Team) also selected in discus
- Wihan Kruger 2nd in 16 yr javelin, 1st in 17yr javelin (selected in Qld Team)
- Nick Coonan 4th in 18 yr 800m (selected in Qld Team)
- Jai Gordon 2nd in 18 yr 100m & 200m (selected in Qld Team)
- Harry Callow strained hamstring in 100m heat (selected in Qld Team based on recent performances) Selected for 100m & 200m
- Archie Steele selected in Qld Team for 110m hurdles and javelin.
- Henry MacFarlane competed in 16 yr 100m and 200m and was a finalist in both
- Matt Thomson competed in 17 yr 100m and 200m and placed 6th in the long jump
Toowoomba Grammar School’s Director of Athletics, Jackie Gallagher had a total of 17 athletes (TGS boys and females from other schools who train with JGA) selected across a total of 25 events for the National Championships.